作者：乌石景区 | 发布日期：2019年11月06日
The former residence of Comrade Peng Dehuai
The former residence of Comrade Peng Dehuai is located in the Pengjiaweizi district of Wushifengyu region, totaling an area of 350 square meters. The residence was built by Peng Dehuai’s brothers, Peng Jinhua and Peng Ronghua, using Peng Dehuai’s salary as company commander and battalion commander in the Xiang army from 1925 to 1927. As a result, the residence is also known as the “three hua estate”. The residence faces south-east, is built with bricks and wood, with powder wall and tile. This house is the only place Peng Dehuai spent significant amounts of time in his hometown after joining the revolution. In 1982, Deng Xiaoping wrote the inscription “The Former Residence of Comrade Peng Dehuai”. The residence officially opened to the public on August 1, 1983. On October 10 of the same year, the Hunan Provincial People’s Government designated the residence under provincial protection as a key Cultural Heritage structure. In 1995, the residence was listed in the first batch of patriotic public education sites of the Hunan Province. In 1998, a thorough maintenance was carried out on the former residence to return the residence to its 1961 state, when Comrade Peng Dehuai made an investigation in his hometown. On June 25, 2001, the Chinese State Council included the residence in the 5th set of key Cultural Heritage items protected nationally.
Peng Dehuai Memorial Hall
Preface：Marshal Peng Dehuai is a great proletarian revolutionist, politician and militarist, and an outstanding leader of the party, the state and the military.
He devoted all his life to the revolution and lived a struggling and great life. His revolutionary career spanned half a century: from the Wushi grain riots to the uprising in Pingjiang for pursuing the revolution, from the defense of Jinggangshan to fierce fights on Long March, from commanding the war of resistance against Japanese aggression of the Eighth Route Army in the North China, bloody struggle in Tai-hang Shan and the defense of Yan'an to the liberation of the northwest, from commanding the heroic Chinese People's Volunteers to resist the U.S. in the Korean war to devoting to build a new national defense infrastructure, and finally from his courageous Lushan critique to his selfless devotion to the "third-line" defense construction. Peng Dehuai performed immortal historic feats for the cause of the liberation and socialist construction of the Chinese people. Peng Dehuai always remained loyal to the party and the people, from the era of revolutionary warfare to the period of socialist construction, whether circumstances were favorable or difficult; his belief in the cause of communism was unwavering. He is fact-based, honorable, selfless and fearless, and stalwart in defending the truth. He embodies many virtues of the revolutionary: hard-working, honest, pioneering, responsible, self-sacrificing and dedicated to the interest of the whole, and in touch with the pulse of the masses. He has set up a monument for us and been beloved and esteemed by the party, the army and the people due to his achievements and noble character. He is a model Communist Party member. His great contributions for the party and the people have been recorded in the history of the People's Republic of China.
As a man written in capital, his loyal heart and indomitable spirit will live forever!
Bronze statue of Comrade Peng Dehuai
Bronze statue of Comrade Peng Dehuai，The bronze statue stands in the center of the square. It is 5.1 meters high, 8.1 meters high including the base. Born in poverty, Marshall Peng Dehuai is one of the founders of our army. The base is shaped like a granite peak, representing the idea that Marshall Peng’s spirit remains with the mountains and rivers of his homeland. At the same time, the jagged and uneven surface of the granite reflects Marshall Peng’s hard and rough life. The bronze statue was designed by Mr. Cheng Yunxian, a famous sculptor of the Chinese People’s Revolutionary Military Museum, and produced by the Nanjing Chenguang Machinery Factory. Comrade Jiang Zemin provided the inscription for the statue.
The Tomb of Peng Dehuai
The Tomb of Peng Dehuai, located under the Wushi mountain, is called by the locals as the “Tiger’s Mouth”. The tomb is about 5 meters tall, 7.4 meters wide, with the tomb stone positioned as an angle of 76 degrees to the tomb base. These peculiar dimensions reflect Peng Dehuai’s passing: he died in 1974 at the age of 76. The cemetery and the tomb base intersect at the base with a length of 1.898 meters, reflecting Peng Dehuai’s birth year 1898. The tomb is made from black granite with a diamond shape while the tomb wall is made from grey granite and shaped like the great wall. This design is symbolic of the distinct personality of Peng Dehuai and his great contributions to the Chinese revolution. On December 28, 1999, Peng Dehuai’s ashes moved from the Babaoshan Cemetery in Beijing to this site, fulfilling Peng Dehuai’s wishes to be returned to his hometown.
The combined tomb of the martyrs Peng Jinhua and Peng Ronghua
The combined tomb of the martyrs Peng Jinhua and Peng Ronghua, brothers of Comrade Peng Dehuai. Comrade Jinhua was born in 1900. He went to the Yan’an Anti-Japanese Military and Political University in October 1937 to study and then joined the Communist Party of China. In the following year, he returned to his hometown to establish the Pengjiaweizi Party branch and served as the secretary of the branch. Comrade Ronghua was born in 1903. He joined the party in 1938 and actively organized revolutionary activities with Comrade Jinhua. In 1940, the Kuomintang reactionary forces instructed the Tanzhu Police Command and the Xiangtan County Nationalist Government and local bullies, totaling more than 30 gunmen, to capture the Peng brothers. They arrived in the early morning of October 4th and killed Comrade Ronghua on the spot. Comrade Jinhua was arrested and secretly killed 7 days later at Fengxing Mountain in the Yijiawan region.
The Peng Dehuai Pavilion
The Peng Dehuai Pavilion is located at the Tiger Peak of Wushi Mountain. As a monument pavilion, the pavilion is 10 meters high, octagonal shaped with carvings of dragons and chrysanthemum, sitting with its back to the Wushi Mountain and facing the Memorial Hall. The Pavilion was funded in 1988 by Mr. Chen Chengfu from Singapore and Mr. Huang Bangeng from the Xiangtan County.